Blockages and obstructions in pipelines can result in significant losses in revenue and severe disruption to operations. It is often therefore critical to correctly identify the location of any blockages or obstructions to allow swift remedial actions to be taken.
Pipeline Engineering undertakes blockage and obstruction detection in pipelines. This process can involve using our Acoustek® tool, a specialist tool that allows immediate assessment and analysis of pipelines to accurately identify and locate any blockages or obstructions.
To locate the blockages or obstructions in a pipeline Acoustek® uses a patented technique of transmitting acoustic waves down the pipeline and the pattern of reflected waves is analysed. The results allow the field engineer to determine the location of the blockage or obstruction.
The main areas of application for Acoustek® are as follows:
- As a temporary installation to detect blockages, obstructions or other features in a pipeline.
- As a permanent installation to continuously monitor a pipeline and detect changes such as the build-up of hydrate blockage or wax deposit.
- Location of partially closed valves.
- Location of stuck pigging tools and plugs
- Location of dents, hydrates, wax and scale.
Service support to carry out Acoustek® surveys
Acoustek® is a specialist tool requiring the necessary understanding to operate and analyse the data retrieved. Pipeline Engineering therefore manages the operation of Acoustek® and the analysis of retrieved data. Acoustek® service support includes:
- Assessment of pipeline suitability for using Acoustek®
- Set-up of Acoustek® on pipeline
- Data retrieval and analysis
- Full report of findings
If you would like additional information, please click on any literature link below or Contact Us directly so that we may provide you with detailed specifications.